Android App Of Book In Google Play & iTunes Store

Comments Regarding Book

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Could this have been Apostle Paul's Thorn?

Sometime back I saw a dream in which the Apostle Paul was being led by a soldier with his hands bound with chains. The Apostle looked to be in his forties and had a beard. After a while the soldier commanded him to kneel down which he obeyed. As the soldier began walking away, suddenly Paul jumped to his feet and pushed the soldier down with his chained hands, making him fall to the ground. The dream ended there.

Could a retaliatory attitude have been Paul's thorn in the flesh was the thought that impressed my mind the following morning when I woke up. The Bible doesn't specifically mention what Paul's thorn was, though many have put forth guesses like an eye ailment, epilepsy, malaria and a few more.

We read in 2 Corinthians Chapter 12

And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me, but He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)

Regarding the retaliatory attitude, we read of an event recorded in the book of Acts.....

Luke the Physician writes,
Then Paul, looking earnestly at the council, said, "Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day." When he said thus, the high priest Ananias commanded those who stood by him to strike him on the mouth. Then Paul said to him, "God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! For you sit to judge me according to the law, and do you command me to be struck contrary to the law?" Those who stood told Paul, "Do you revile God's high priest?" Paul replied, "I did not know, brethren, that he was the high priest; for it is written, "You shall not speak evil of a ruler of your people."' (Acts 23:1-5)

Paul speaks about the weakness of his and every believer's flesh when he writes to the Romans...
For I know that in me (my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I want to do, I do not do; but the evil I do not want to do, that I do. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. (Romans 7:18-20)

The great Apostle probably had his moments of weaknesses too, but he taught and lived a Christian life that overcame sin and unrighteousness. 

Those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. (Galatians 5:24)

Indeed Paul was a great Apostle, a true champion of the Christian faith.

Rate this app and write a review on Google Play so that many more can access it..Go Here... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromo.dev136130.app394219

No comments:

Post a Comment