Android App Of Book In Google Play & iTunes Store

Comments Regarding Book

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spiritual Pride

Once I sat in the Lord's presence seeking his face to know what he would answer me regarding my queries of certain pressing matters, but he seemed to be unusually quiet that night. It troubled me and I persisted and finally he showed me a couple of words in my mind which were "Spiritual Pride".

I realized that the Lord was not pleased with some of the thoughts or words or dealings in my life with other people. I immediately confessed the matter to the Lord and asked for forgiveness. I tried to look back at certain happenings that week and realized that I was not appreciative of another servant of God being praised by a friend. In my heart I had looked down upon one of God's elect and he was not pleased with my attitude.


God knows every thought that passes through our hearts. Pride, jealousy, envy and many other ills creep in to our hearts slowly and sometimes we may not even realize that they are there in us until the Spirit of God points out these things to us.


An advice given to Solomon by his father David, was this....And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts......(1 Chronicles 28:9)

Yes, the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts...

Awesome is he and to his understanding there is no end.

Worthwhile then is taking Apostle Paul's advice in regards to our spiritual standing.....

So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! (1 Corinthians 10:12)


No comments:

Post a Comment